Musings on Knife - R.J Anderson

So, it's 3:30am here as I type this. I have just finished re-reading 'Knife' by R.J Anderson. It still remains one of my fave books in the WORLD. In a world of books about fae and pixies it's nice to read a book that actually has 'real' pixies. I mean, I'm a fan of Aprilynne Pike's 'Wings' series. I can't say I hated 'Need' by Carrie Jones. I have one massive problem with these books though, it isn't a flaw in the writing, or the characterisation, but it's the fact that, well, they aren't all that original. 'Knife' is beautifully written and unforgettable, sure, but what I love most is that it isn't a book about a human who turns into a fairy, its a book about a real fairy, a real, tiny, flit around in a tree fairy. Whats more, it's about the real, tiny fairy falling in love with a real size human. I'm certainly partial to a bit of romance! Well, as I said, it's 3:30am here, I really need to sleep, so i won't be typing up a real review. I will, however, leave you with an Amazon link, and hope that you heed this advice and BUY IT! Buy it HERE. Also available in Ebook form here.

No comments

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.