An Ode to Beth Revis


I'm not good at writing,
I can't draw or sing
So I'm writing Beth Revis
A bad poem,

In Across The Universe,
We met Elder and Amy,
In a book that was original
And not at all same-y,

In the next book,
Their story goes on,
As they navigate Godspeed
Through A Million Suns

But alas, what is wrong!
(Be aware, spoilers are coming!)
Godspeed is slowing down,
WILL THE SPACESHIP KEEP RUNNING?!

Will Amy ever see her parents,
She was awoken too soon,
One a ship that may never make it through,
All the suns and planets and moons,

The story is compelling,
I was gripped from the first page,
This is a book I'd give to
Readers of any age,

I loved it that much
And I honestly can't wait,
That's why I need to win this competition,
I'll call it, like, fate!

So Beth, take pity on me,
I have no talents to speak of,
I'm just a girl that reads a lot
And with your books, I'm in love!

1 comment

  1. Ha! I just read this book and loved it (and Beth was awesome enough to retweet and thank me for my review!) This poem pretty much sums up my feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.