Waiting on Wednesday (18th May)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Anyway, here are my WOW picks, let me know what you think and link me to yours!


Nemesis by Anna Banks
October 4th - Feiwel and Friends

Nemesis (Nemesis #1)
Princess Sepora of Serubel is the last Forger in all the five kingdoms. The spectorium she creates provides energy for all, but now her father has found a way to weaponize it, and his intentions to incite war force her to flee from his grasp. She escapes across enemy lines into the kingdom of Theoria, but her plans to hide are thwarted when she is captured and placed in the young king's servitude.

Tarik has just taken over rulership of Theoria, and must now face a new plague sweeping through his kingdom and killing his citizens. The last thing he needs is a troublesome servant vying for his attention. But mistress Sepora will not be ignored. When the two finally meet face-to-face, they form an unlikely bond that complicates life in ways neither of them could have imagined.
 My thoughts:
Yes, the cover is absolutely hideous. Hopefully it looks better in person. BUT BUT BUT doesn't that synopsis sound soooooo good! Princess turned into servant, magic, enemies... I definitely must read this book!




How To Disappear by Ann Redisch Stampler
June 14th - Simon Pulse

How to DisappearNicolette Holland is the girl everyone likes. Up for adventure. Loyal to a fault. And she's pretty sure she can get away with anything...until a young woman is brutally murdered in the woods near Nicolette's house. Which is why she has to disappear.

Jack Manx has always been the stand-up guy with the killer last name. But straight A's and athletic trophies can't make people forget that his father was a hit man and his brother is doing time for armed assault. Just when Jack is about to graduate from his Las Vegas high school and head east for college, his brother pulls him into the family business with inescapable instructions: find this ruthless Nicolette Holland and get rid of her. Or else Jack and everyone he loves will pay the price.
  My thoughts:
Oh my gush. Everything about this sounds so good. High thrill chase, disappearing, hitmen. I need this like, yesterday. 

5 comments

  1. Gah that cover on Nemesis! *shivers* I must have it :) Thanks for sharing! I'm adding to my TBR now.
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How To Disappear looks so interesting!

    New follower <3
    Melissa @ LilyElement

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love the cover, but hey its okay to disagree and yes I agree with you. It's a shame we have to wait too long though :(
    Seems like it will take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for Nemesis is gorgeous, I need this book in my shelves. Thanks for stopping on my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to Nemesis as well! The synopsis just blows me away and the fact that Anna Banks wrote it just makes me want it more. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.