Waiting on Wednesday (1st June)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Anyway, here are my WOW picks, let me know what you think and link me to yours!


Rose & Thorn by Sarah Prineas
September 2016 - HarperTeen

Rose & Thorn (Ash & Bramble, #2)
After the spell protecting her is destroyed, Rose seeks safety in the world outside the valley she had called home. She’s been kept hidden all her life to delay the three curses she was born with—curses that will put her into her own fairy tale and a century-long slumber. Accompanied by the handsome and mysterious Watcher, Griff, and his witty and warmhearted partner, Quirk, Rose tries to escape from the ties that bind her to her story. But will the path they take lead them to freedom, or will it bring them straight into the fairy tale they are trying to avoid?

Set in the world of Sarah Prineas’s Ash & Bramble fifty years later, Rose & Thorn is a powerful retelling of the classic Sleeping Beauty tale where the characters fight to find their own Happy Ever After.
 My thoughts:
I really, really enjoyed Ash & Bramble and I did love the concept and this one sounds even better. I am totally excited for this now! 

13 comments

  1. Yesssssss! I am SO excited for this one as well!!! I loved Ash & Bramble though :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this running around before - I am still deciding whether to add it to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the trend of all these fairy tale retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to read Ash & Bramble but this one sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I not heard of this before, adding it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of this book! I've not read any of the author's books, sadly. But this is definitely my type of read. I hope this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I had not heard of this one, but it is definitely going on my TBR now! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this book but the summary sounds really interesting. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Ash & Bramble yet. But now that I know about this one, I'll have to read very soon. Adding Rose & Thorn to my wishlist.

    Happy readings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read Ash and Brambles but this one sounds awesome as well. So many books and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love fairy tale retellings! I need to add Ash & Bramble to by TBR list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this, but I agree: it sounds super interesting! I hope you love it!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first time hearing about this series. Now I have to check it out. Happy Reading.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.