Top Ten Reads of 2012

So we're almost into 2013 (and we all survived the apocalypse!) and so here is a quick post talking about my Top Ten reads of 2012. 

Here they all are, in order:


Speechless
10
Speechless by Hannah Harrington

Review Quote: 
I could honestly gush about this book forever. I won't though. Instead I will just tell you to go out and buy this book, you will not regret it, this book was fun, deep and beautiful and I will not be forgetting it for a very long time.


Defiance (Defiance, #1)




9
Defiance by CJ Redwine

Review Quote:
Step aside Kristin Cashore, move out of the way Maria V. Snyder, a new fantasy legend has entered the scene.Defiance, Redwine's debut novel is an amazing fantasy and is one that I would definitely recommend you check out, especially if you're a fan of the awesome fantasy author that I listed up there.



Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)



8
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Review Quote:
I have been dying to read this book for a long time and when I read it I was not dissapointed. this book had amazing writing, fantastic pacing, amazing action and a sweet and kind of messed-up romance. The ending blew me away and I cannot wait to read the sequel.


The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)



7
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Review Quote:
Wow, it is so good to read a young adult vampire book that goes back to the basic, what we have here is true vampire myth - vampires that burn in the sun and can't handle a stake through the chest. This book also doesn't rely on romance to pull it through and instead relies on action, awesome world building and fantastic characters. I just loved this book.


Pushing the Limits


6
Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

Review Quote:
It's been a long time since a book has made me cry. A lot of books make me sad or angry or feel a little down but this is the first book in I don't know how long where I've had to stop reading because the pages are getting blurry and I couldn't focus. I usually don't like books that do this to me but Pushing the Limits was the exception to this. 

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)




5
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Review Quote:
This book is very action packed, whereas the selling point of Divergent was definitely the storytelling and world-building Insurgent had some amazing action scenes and it a superb edge of the seat read.
Unravelling




4
Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris

Review Quote:
Oh my days. I don't know what I was expecting with this book, I was totally expecting it be awesome and this book just blew my expectations to pieces by seriously topping it. i mean, this book was like miles of awesome all rolled into a ball of awesome flattened out and made into a book of awesome. You get my drift? This book was awesome.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight





3

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Review Quote:
Mind if I gush for a while? Of course you don't, this book is totally gush worthy, one of the best fluffy romance books that I have read in a long time, I think it pretty much equals Anna and the French Kiss on the scale of awesomeness. Yes, you know that's high praise from me.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)



2
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Review Quote:
I absolutely freaking loved this book. I loved the story and the characters and the romance and the world and well... pretty much everything! If I had to describe this book it would be as a kind of mixture between the tournament aspect of The Hunger Games and the supernatural and fantasy aspect of Poison Study, so if you liked either or both of those books I would seriously recommend this one to you. Heck, I'd recommend it to anyone, this is by far the best book that I have read so far this year!


And my favorite book of this year is...


Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)1
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Review Quote:
My phone memo that I made whilst reading this book says:Assassin nuns - yes!
Ismae is kick ass yet naive woohoo!
Duval = sexy, stoic but caring.
Anne-Mature for age but too mature???
Easy politics - YAY!
Long never bored...
GASP DEATH! D:
OMG TWIST... shocker.

To be honest I don't know what half of that is meant to mean... but I so agree with the top one: Assassin nuns are awesome, I could write a whole review on how amazing assassin nuns are.


What about you guys, what were your top reads of the year, what do you agree/disagree with on this list?



No comments

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.