Bout of Books Update - Monday

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.

Monday's Diary!

Read today:
I managed 12% (40 pages) of The Infinite Moment of Us, but I only managed about half an hour of reading today.

Books read overall: 
None, so far!

Percentage of current book: 
41%.

Thoughts on today's book(s): 
I'm enjoying it, so far but I'm not completely into it. I haven't been grabbed and I don't really love the characters yet. I don't feel in any rush to read it and I'm happy putting it down.

Overall thoughts on the day: 
I have so much respect for my parents now after the day of housework I've had. Actually, this is the first Bout of Books that I've taken part in since I moved out of my parental home so it's the first time I've actually had stuff to do and haven't been able to lounge around and read all day. Monday is my washing and tidying day and I must have spent most of the day tidying and catching up on TV and then I was so tired I ended up napping! It's not almost 4am and I've just woken up, but I'm going to try and get more sleep as I have a job interview in 12 hours. Hopefully I'll get a lot more reading done tomorrow!
I've also been in a bit of a reading slump on and off for about a month and haven't had an awesome book to pull me out of it yet!
Today I didn't take part in any challenges (didn't have time!) but did take part in my first ever twitter chat, I've already met a load of AMAZING people and had some awesome chats, so that's great!

1 comment

  1. Aaawww! Your blog design is sooo gorgeous!! 12% isnt too bad...i didn't get any reading done yesterday...and only 3% today. haha It's ok we'll do fine. Have fun this week. :)

    http://bemusedbookworm.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.