Waiting on Wednesday (7th August 2013)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Finally out of that dreaded reading slump!

Anyway, here is my WOW pick, let me know what you think and link me to yours!


The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist
October 22nd 2013 - Running Press Kids



The Princess in the Opal Mask (The Opal Mask Series, #1)

In the faraway village of Tulan, sixteen-year-old Elara has spent her entire life as a servant, trying to track down her real name. The name she was given before being orphaned. Meanwhile, in the kingdom of Galandria, Princess Wilhamina does not know why her father, the king, makes her wear a mask. Or why she is forbidden to ever show her face. When a new peace treaty between Galandria and Kyrenica is threatened, Elara and Wilha are brought face to face. Told in alternating perspectives, this intricate fairytale pulls both girls toward secrets that have been locked away behind castle doors, while the fate of two opposing kingdoms rests squarely on their untrained shoulders.
 I live for good YA fantasy and this one sounds like it will be real good! Plus, that cover is BEYOND gorgeous, do you not agree?!


Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong
April 8th 2014, HarperTeen

Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1)

In the Forest of the Dead, where the empire's worst criminals are exiled, twin sisters Moria and Ashyn are charged with a dangerous task. For they are the Keeper and the Seeker, and each year they must quiet the enraged souls of the damned. Only this year, the souls will not be quieted. Ambushed and separated by an ancient evil, the sisters' journey to find each other sends them far from the only home they've ever known. Accompanied by a stubborn imperial guard and a dashing condemned thief, the girls cross a once-empty wasteland, now filled with reawakened monsters of legend, as they travel to warn the emperor. But a terrible secret awaits them at court--one that will alter the balance of their world forever.

Dude, that synopsis sounds BEYOND epic and that cover with the red and the blue! I haven't read any Kelley Armstrong yet, but I am so excited for this!


14 comments

  1. The Princess in the Opal Mask looks interesting, I haven't heard of it before! I also have Kelley Armstrong's book for my WoW, although a different one :)
    Great picks!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are really great picks and have awesome covers! My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of The Princess in the Opal Mask looks beautiful, my god. That by itself makes me interested in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the cover for The Princess and Sea of Shadows just sounds awesome. Great picks! I'll definitely be looking out for both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Books Turn Brains! These are really great picks, and I'm in love with the Sea of Shadows cover. It's beautiful. I'm also very intrigued by the synopsis. I've also been meaning to return to Kelley Armstrong's books since I finished her Darkest Powers trilogy.

    Great pick!
    - Chelsea @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
  6. The princess in the opal mask sounds fantastic!! Going to add it to my TBR list!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both brilliant choices! I have never heard of Sea of Shadows, now it is at the top of my TBR shelf. Thank you!

    New follower :0)
    My blog: Once Upon a Moonlight Review...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of these, but looks great. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've never heard of princes in the opal mask but i've fallen in love with the cover! gorgeous!

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of The Princess in the Opal Mask, but it definitely sounds like my kind of book. I'm a huge YA fantasy fan too and this one sounds brilliant. This is new to me, so thanks so much for sharing!

    Sea of Shadows also looks really intriguing. I'm excited for it too!

    Lovely picks! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of The Princess in the Opal Mask and I've been wanting to venture deeper into Fantasy- so I'm definitely keeping an eye out for that :) Plus, I LOVE the font that was used on the cover! *pets*

    Lexi @ Inhaling Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I love for YA fantasy too! :P Can't wait for The Princess in the Opal mask. Fab picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice! I can't wait for these either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait to start on Armstrong's books, they seem good and people love them as well!
    Hope you get these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.