Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?




Why I Read It: High recommendations from friends.

Review: Usually with hyped-up books I find that they don't quite reach my expectations. I had so been expecting that with Anna and the French Kiss but I was so pleasantly surprised, there aren't many books that can make me root for the romance so much and this book did just that.

Yes, I'm going to tell my boyfriend to rename himself Etienne St. Clair and learn French, he has they British accent down already, I have never loved a guy as much as I did St Clair, and I really enjoyed his interactions with the characters and his relationship with Anna. Anna was an excellent main character, she wasn't whiny and she went through some bad situations which she dealt with realistically. Honestly, these two main characters are so amazing and real.


Perkin's has a knack for writing things realistically but also making them so entertaining to read. The characters in this book went through realistic situations and whilst they were dealt with in a believable way, watching it all come together really was so entertaining.


I don't really have anything bad to say. This book is probably one of the best contempoary books I have read in a long time, and is definitely worth the hype. I sat there for a long time smiling from ear to ear, this book had me laughing late into the night, nearly crying and in the end put me into such an amazing mood.


Overall, Anna and the French kiss was one amazing book and that is really all I can say. Buy it!

Overall Rating: A+



Stand Alone/Series: Stand alone (has an unreleased companion novel)
Release Date:  December 2nd 2010 (USA)
Publisher: Penguin (USA)
Book won in a giveaway.
 

 

2 comments

  1. Yaaay! So glad you liked this - it's my favourite contemporary of all time. I love Etienne so much. So so much. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you liked this one! I loved it too and I dont usually do "romance-y" books! :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.