2011 Book Survey

1. Best Book You Read In 2011? Can I pick two? I absolutely LOVED Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and Divergent by Veronica Roth!

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?Tempest by Julie Cross, the idea was so original for YA but I just could not get into it, that's a 2012 release though...

Leigh Fallon's Carrier of the Mark was not original enough for me, so after being so hyped up it totally let me down.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?In Darkness by Nick Lake (yet another 2012 release) or Impossible by Nancy Werlin

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?Divergent (Veronica Roth) and the Study Series (Maria V Snyder)

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?Difficult one... I'd say Immortal beloved series by Cate Tiernan, I've justs started the 2nd and it's awesome so far.

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Stephanie Perkins, her writing is amazing. Karsten knight, his vlogs are funny and I loved Wildefire, Lauren Oliver definitely!


7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?I'm not really an adult book fan, but Warlord by Elizabeth Vaughan was fantastic.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?Divergent by Veronica Roth as well as The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?Forbidden by Jana Oliver, I loved Forsaken!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
 (Either/or)



11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Does Katniss count? I discovered her in like 2009 but read Mockingjay in 2011, either her or Beck from Forbidden

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? Definitely entangled by Cat Clarke

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? I can't remember the exact words, but they're the last words in Delirium by Lauren oliver

7 comments

  1. Ooh yeah, Anna and Divergent were definitely some of my favourites of 2011! I was really looking forward to Forbidden too (and now really excited for Forgiven!). And agree the last line of Delirium was amazing. Thanks for sharing this :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent was absolutely my top book of 2011 too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove this post! haven't read Divergent! and agreed with Perfect Chemistry :D and Shatter Me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to steal this! I loved Divergent too, definitely on of my top books of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your best of 2011 picks, Anna and the French Kiss and Divergent, were also two of my very favorites. I feel like there were a lot of books I liked okay in 2011, but not a lot like those two that I LOVED. I hope 2012 offers more of that. :) Great End of Year Review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Under the Never Sky is such an interesting title! Did it live up to the title?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lu
    -It was a great book, but didn't blow me away, some parts were too similar to other dystopian titles but other parts were fantastic. Still a great reccommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.