Letterbox Love and Week in Review (11/8/12)



Letterbox Love is a UK based alternative to the popular US In My Mailbox meme and a fun way for British (and non-British) bloggers to share the fab books we may have got this week.

This week I finally got the £50 Amazon vouchers that I won months ago through and decided to cut down my wishlist and get some books that I have been really excited to read, so I got some awesome books, I have saved half of the money in case anything I just NEED comes out. All of the books I got this week eBooks except one, which I bought before going on my print book buying ban. 


For Review (All eBooks from NetGalley)

Katya's World Speechless The Future We Left Behind Refuge

Katya's World by Jonathan L. Howard (Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry, Nov 6th 2012)
This is a post apocalyptic title that I am so looking forward to reading!

Speechless by Hannah Harrington (Harlequin Teen, August 28th 2012)
I'm planning on reading this one this week. I loved Saving June so excited for this one too!

I loved 0.4 so can't wait to read this one.

Refuge by Carole Rummage (Cedar Fort, Nov 13th 2012)
Not 100% sure what this is about but sounds mysterious!

Bought/Amazon Giftcard

The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1) Magic Under Stone The Repossession Second Chance Summer Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) ExtraNormal (ExtraNormal, #1)

The Forsaken by Lisa M Stasse - The only print book I bought this week
This looks kind of The Hunger Games/Battle Royale, I am so up for this!

I loved Magic Under Glass so I can't wait to read this

This sounds creepy and mysterious - oooh!

I loved Amy And Roger's Epic Detour so HAD to buy this.

Everyone seems to have read this and I haven't yet

I love this cover, that's all! 


Week in Review and Next Week's Plan


Sunday:

Monday:

Tuesday:
Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:
Letterbox Love

Next week, as well as the usual memes (WoW and Letterbox Love) you should be seeing reviews for:

Defiance by CJ Redwine
Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman

And... If I get round to reading them:
Call Down Thunder by Daniel Finn
Dark Eyes by William Richter




15 comments

  1. Awesome week! The cover of The Repossession totally grabbed my eye! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it =) Happy reading!

    Our Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unearthly and Second Chance Summer both look great! I'v had Unearthly on my kindle for the longest time, so I can't wait to see what you think of it!

    Great haul! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul. They all look great. I hope you enjoy them!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/08/stacking-the-shelves-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul this week! I am dying to read Speechless! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your books! =) My StS post! 


    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair (old follower ;p)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, The Forsaken sounds great. I've been hearing lots about it. All your books look good, in fact:) Happy reading!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your books for this week. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I love Unearthly and I hope you do too. And I've heard great things about Second Chance Summer and The Repossession looks awesome. Awesome cover for sure.
    Thanks so much for passing by my blog and for the follow. I'm following back =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice book loot :-) Hope you enjoy them all - The cover for Refuge is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun haul! Unearthly was most fun. The Forsaken looks so good! Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog today. Happy reading.

    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I can't wait to read The Forsaken and Speechless. They both sound really good! I recently picked up a copy of The Forsaken so hopefully I can get to it soon. :) I still have to read Unearthly as well! I bought it quite a while ago. I don't know why I haven't gotten to it yet...

    Anyway, enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoy all
    i love the cover of katya's world


    where i stacked my shelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love NetGalley. Need to go look for those. Thanks for visiting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm reading Speechless now and enjoying, hope you do too.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just read Speechless, it was fantastic, hope you enjoy it!

    And I have Second Chance Summer but still haven't read it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.