Review: The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)

Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.
Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .
I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.
But so are they.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York--but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.


I think that this is going to be the point that I give up on these books. I just struggled with the first two books and this just did not improve it for me. 

Personally, my biggest problem with this book was the writing style. I've never really felt gripped by the writing before but this time was worse, I just could not get into it. My second problem was the romance, we know that this author just cannot write romance, it's clumsy and awkward and I just can't believe it. I seriously dislike Sarah anyway, but after her betrayal of John I can't believe they're still together.

I seriously disliked Nine, he just grinded on me, he was conceited and arrogant and I seriously disliked him. The rest of them I kept getting mixed up in my mind. I did like Ella though, she was cute!

Unfortunately, this book series just is not improving for me so I'm going to end it here... sorry guys!

Overall Rating: D


Book released 30th August by Penguin
Book received for review through the UK Spinebreakers scheme :)


No comments

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.