Review: Gnit-Wit Gnipper and the Perilous Plague by TJ Lantz

Gnit-Wit Gnipper and the Perilous Plague (Rosehaven: The Hidden City)No matter how hard she tries life never seems to go quite right for Gnipper Tallhat, an eight-year-old Gnome determined to receive the recognition her intelligence deserves. This time, however, she's got it all figured out. Finally, her father will have to be proud of her accomplishments...provided he manages to live through them.



This book was a fun and quirky read which I thoroughly enjoyed. I really liked this short story because it was extremely humorous and quick to get through, it came as a nice break between some pretty dark reads and even though I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it that much I really did have fun reading it.


The story is pretty funny - Gnipper is a gnome trying to earn recognition for her intelligence and she poisons her Dad in the process, the result is hilarity and some pretty deep morals. i really liked the message sent across in this book, which is to not let others decide what you deserve and that it's only what you think about yourself which matters. I think that Gnipper and her adventures will appeal to kids, that are after humour and adventure and something outrageous and that is what Gnipper is all about.


If I had any problems with this book it's that the storyline seems to be geared towards younger children, and I really think that this book will appeal to this audience, however I felt that the vocabulary in this book may be a little older, some words were long and I wouldn't expect a lot of kids to know what many of the words meant. For me, having the longer words added to the story but it may be confusing for kids.


Overall, a funny and quick read that will appeal to younger readers. I do feel that the vocabulary may be a little difficult for the target age group.


Overall Rating: B-



Book received as an eCopy for review from the authir

No comments

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.