Indie April Review: Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Rigg

Casey Barnes EponymousIt's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide. For Casey the newfound attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it.



Forget about this book, I loved Casey, she was one of the most awesomest main characters that I have read in a long time, especially in a contemporary book.


Seriously, the book was great but Casey as a main character is the thing that kept me reading in this book. She rebels, she doesn't think things through, she was just fantastic and realistic. Probably not a good influence for younger teens but as an older teen (Seriously, I'm into my last year of teen-dom in two days!) she was so fantastic and relatable, yes! A character that I can totally relate to.


This book teaches some harsh lessons in life. Casey is a very gung-ho person on the outside but inside she transforms throughout the book and learns a lot of lessons. I can relate to her and her romance issues though I did find it a bit awkward that she was torn up over her relationship with Alex ending at the end of summer because to me it wasn't a relationship as it lasted two days so I don't think she should have been so deeply obsessed with him after that. I kept shouting at her that she was being an idiot because he was just using her but to be honest I knew where the romance aspect was going and I would have been the same in her situation (I mean, I have been before...)


If I had to wish for anything else in this book it would be a little more build up to the relationship with Ben, he was cute and it kind of just happened and I think it could have been developed on a bit more so we see it creeping up on us.


Rigg totally grabbed me with this book, her writing is interested and relevant and this book is kind of on the short side as well, so there was not much time for me to lost interest in the story.


Overall Rating: A-



Book given to me from the author from review

1 comment

  1. When I saw this book's terrific cover on your sidebar a few days ago, I had to know more about it. I ended up picking up a copy over the weekend. I haven't started it yet, but am looking forward to even more after this review.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.