Indie April Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

IntangibleTwins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift. 

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.




Despite the fact that I absolutely support indie authors (I mean look at the feature that I'm doing this week, <3 Indie April) I find that a great number of the indie titles that I read for review are just not good enough to be put out into the YA market. With Intangible I didn't find that at all, this book seemed as polished and perfect as any published book and to be honest is one of the best titles that I have read in a long time.


If I had anything that I would complain about in this book it is the slow pacing at some parts of the book, the story line was gripping and the pace never dropped to the point where I even slightly wanted to put it down but I was willing more action to happen at those parts. i think it was just because I kind of knew where the story is going from the beginning because of Luke's vision and whilst I was interested in how it got there I just wanted to get there and see how it all turned out. When the action did come it was fantastically written, on-edge-of-seat gripping and so entertaining.


I love the range of paranormal characters in the book. There is Luke, a Seer who has visions of the future, Sera is a Healer who can heal and change people, Marc has a twisted past and can hear people's thoughts and Jonas is a sexy vampire that I just loved *licks lips* and you I'm not a vampire kind of girl there is also Fae who is paranormal, I thought it was just going to be one of those stories with loads of para-creatures that I just don't care about but each one had their own personality and voice that set them apart from others, so congratulations to Meyers for creating such a diverse and gripping cast.


I was slightly disappointed by the romance, I was never a Marc fan just because of what he was hiding despite the fact that being around Sera changed him I could just not trust the guy... never mind, at least I had Jonas to swoon over! Thankfully, the romance is only a minor part of this book and doesn't overtake the other plot so I didn't have to love the romance to love the book.


Overall, a great story with great characters and great writing and great... everything aside from the pacing which was just good and the romance which I just didn't like. I think that J. Meyers is a fantastic author to start Indie April because she has everything indie authors need to succeed - talent, originality and dedication in getting the reviews!


Overall Rating: A



Book received from the author for review.

No comments

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.