Letterbox Love (18/8/2012) + Week in Review


Letterbox Love is a UK based alternative to the popular US In My Mailbox meme and a fun way for British (and non-British) bloggers to share the fab books we may have got this week.

Hey guys, guess what?! 

I got my A-Level results and they were AWESOME (AAB) so I'm into my dream uni the University of York! So excited :) It has been an AMAZING week for me personally but I haven't had many books through, which I'm glad for since I haven't done much reading :)


For Review:

MetaWars: Fight for the Future Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2) Book cover

PRINT:

Rage Within (Dark Inside #2) by Jeyn Roberts (Panmacmillan, 30th August 2012)
The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable (Chicken House, 4th October 2012)

I haven't heart much about METAWARS but it looks pretty sci-fi and middle grade for boys, which I do really like reading, maybe a bit like INSIGNIA by SJ Kincaid? RAGE WITHIN I am so excited to read since I loved DARK INSIDE. THE WOLF PRINCESS is one that I got unsolicited but looks very fairy-tale so I will be reading this one for sure!

EBOOK:

Diverse Energies Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2) Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2)

Diverse Energies (Anthology) by Various (Lee & Low, October 1st 2012)
Dearly, Beloved (Dearly #2) by Lia Habel (Del Ray, September 25th 2012)
Shadows (Ashes #2) by Ilsa J. Bick (Egmont, September 25th 2012)

DIVERSE ENERGIES is an anthology of speculative fiction from some awesome authors like Cindy Pon and Malinda Lo, so i can't wait to read it. DEARLY, BELOVED is one I look forward to reading since I enjoyed DEARLY, DEPARTED last year and I am dubios about SHADOWS since me and ASHES didn't really get along amazingly well, but I still want to give it a shot.

I also got Samplers of The Archived by Victoria Schwab and Days of Blood and Shadow by Laini Taylor.

BOUGHT:

Earth Girl


I couldn't resist this. A good spacey futuristic that sounds a-ma-zing!




Last weeks posts:

Sunday:
(NOTHING)

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:
(Nothing)

Saturday:
Letterbox Love
Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Next Weeks Reviews:
I didn't get all the reviews that I wanted to have out of the way last week done, so expect to see review most days next week:

Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDaniel
Dark Eyes by William Richter
Touched by Cyn Balog
Call Down Thunder by Daniel Finn

And if I get them finished:
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers 
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear

25 comments

  1. The Wolf Princess looks awesome and I almost bought Earth Girl last week. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow AAB is pretty awesome :D ! I'm going to study in England for a year at the university of Chester i'm leaving in a month i'm so excited ^^.

    I don't know any of the books that you've received but I hope you'll enjoy reading them :).

    Thanks for telling me about your giveaway i'm going to enter right now. I'm also doing an international giveawya on my blog to celebrate my 2 year blogoversary if you are interested :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of a lot of these which is awesome lol! I am going to go look them up! Great book week!

    Please check out our StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearly Beloved was very good. I really enjoyed that book. Hope you enjoy your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rage Within is so good! Even better than book 1! Earth Girl is amazing too!

    My Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I want to read Earth Girl. I agree that it sounds really really good. Btw, I don't know if you'll see my comment to you on my blog, so wanted to mention it here. The e-galleys I got aren't in the main listings. To find them, go to the publishers page and click on Macmillan's Children's Group (or whatever their exact name is). You'll find the books listed there. :)

    Enjoy all of these, and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I really want to start reading both Lia Habel and Ilsa J. Bick's series. They both sound pretty good. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great books this week, though most are new to me. I wasn't aware that Diverse Energies was an anthology, I bet there will be some great stories in there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearly Beloved seems like an awesome book. Congrats on the 900 (lol now 1000+) follower count! Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for hosting such an awesome giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rage Within and Dearly Beloved sound amazing! Adding to my TBR list! Hope you enjoy your books! :D

    My StS post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affiar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul! Can't wait to read Dearly, Beloved!

    Happy weekend :)
    And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh earth girl sounds fantastic!! will check it out
    haven't read dearly departed yet but I have it on my shelf.

    awesome books!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read the summary for The Wolf Princess, sounds good!!! I might need to get a copy of that one soon. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meta Wars, Wolf Princess, and Diverse Energies all look really good, I think you'll have a blast reading them ;) Thanks for visiting! I appreciate it.

    XX,

    Judith :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool haul! Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearly Departed was great and I'm sure Dearly Beloved will be just as wonderful. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh great books! These all sound really good! Enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. and you said you were jealous of Girl of Nightmares, Holy crap, I'm like so envious of your right now. You have Rage Within. Rage Within!!! I love, love, loved Dark Inside and I am so excited and impatient for that book to come out lol. Great haul and thank you for stopping by!
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice haul this week. I haven't heard of any of them before, but they have great covers!!

    Thanx for stopping by my StS.

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I entered your Giveaway!! Thanx for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dearly Beloved sounds amazing! :) Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really need to read Dearly Departed and I am so jealous of Earth Girl! Hope you love it!

    Thanks for stopping by My Added to the Bookshelf Post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, awesome haul! I hope you enjoy all of them! And congrats on reaching 900+ followers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great Haul! The Wolf Princess looks really good and so does Earth Girl! Happy Reading!

    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.